Activity 3 – CLO 1, CLO 3, CLO 4, CLO 5
This activity has two parts, please answer both
1. Two bonds A and B have the same credit rating, the same par value and the same coupon rate. Bond A has 30 years to maturity and bond B has five (5) years to maturity. Please demonstrate your understanding of interest rates risk by answering the following questions :
– Discuss which bond will trade at a higher price in the market
– Discuss what happens to the market price of each bond if the interest rates in the economy go up.
– Which bond would have a higher percentage price change if interest rates go up?
– Please substantiate your argument with numerical examples.
– As a bond investor, if you expect a slowdown in the economy over the next 12 months, what would be your investment strategy?
2. Familiarity with random variables is essential to understand the basics of portfolio theory. Given that CLA 2 assignment is about portfolio formation, you need to strengthen your skills in dealing with random variables. Please review and explain the significance of basic concepts about random variables, namely, the mean, the variance, the standard deviation, and the correlation.
Provide your explanations and definitions in detail and be precise. Comment on your findings. Provide references for content when necessary. Provide your work in detail and explain in your own words. Support your statements with peer-reviewed in-text citation(s) and reference(s).
1. Need to write the assignment in APA 7th edition format.
2. Provide your explanations and definitions in detail and be precise.
3. Comment on your findings.
4. Provide references for content when necessary.
5. Provide your work in detail and explain in your own words.
6. Support your statements with peer-reviewed in-text citation(s) and reference(s).
7. Need to include the information from the textbook as the reference.
8. Need to include at least 2 peer-reviewed articles as the reference.
9. Need to provide examples whenever applicable.
10. Please find the related PowerPoint and textbook in the attachment.
11. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment
Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R. W., & Jordan, R. D. (2018). Fundamentals of corporate finance (12th ed.). McGraw-Hill