Pre-Built Course Content
If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn iOS App, please click “View in Browser”
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 4: Health Insurance and the Affordable Care Act
Due Week 8 and worth 150 points
Suppose you have been tasked with purchasing health insurance for your organization that has fifty full-time employees.
Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research different types of health insurance.
Write a 2 page paper in which you:
- Suggest one (1) plan that you would use to purchase health insurance for your organization. Determine the extent to which employee lifestyle choices and health economics would factor in to your chosen plan. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the implication of the Affordable Care Act on your decision to purchase insurance. Debate two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of purchasing health insurance for your employees, as opposed to having your employees receive governmental insurance.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the impact of healthcare financing and health insurance on healthcare access, quality, and cost.
- Analyze the influence of health policy and health reform on healthcare access, quality, and cost in the U.S.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in healthcare policy, law, and ethics.
- Write clearly and concisely about healthcare policy and law using proper writing mechanics.