Consider what is socially responsible and ethically sound when implementing new technology into the organization.
- Pros (benefits) to using artificial intelligence (AI): streamlining processes, and better and faster decision making.
- Cons to using AI: built in bias (e.g., facial recognition, gender bias) and hiring bias (e.g., gender, racial, ageism, disability, etc.).
In this discussion forum, create a video presentation for senior management at DargeanGrix that discusses the possibilities of bringing AI-driven human resources management software in for managing all activities associated with employees throughout their entire employment life cycle with DargeanGrix.
Consider the benefits and the risks of introducing AI technology into the organization. Think about how the technology might become a risk to the organization’s employees, customers, and partners. Contemplate whether the technology introduces ethical concerns by implementing the technology.
As is noted throughout the class, be sure to address whether the technology and innovation brings value to the business and to the customer.
Your goals are to learn to examine elements beyond just their hard costs and to convince your senior management peers of any identified additional value. Discover and see the value and possibilities the ideas can bring to the organization. For example, just because a thing costs more to be “green” or to be “unbiased” doesn’t mean that the additional cost is wasted investment. Learn to see (and put it in the right context to present it) where the extra cost brings value to the organization.
In a 3- to 5-minute balanced presentation,
- Appraise both the benefits and the risks of the technology to the organization, the employees, customers, and partners.
- Defend the positive position on the topic and include mitigations for the risks you identified above.
- Identify the ethical concerns that may be introduced by the technology.
- Discuss any concerns your audience is likely to have about the possible ethical issues and social responsibilities associated with the technology.
- Include a deck of slides with the highlights of the main points of your presentation.