Think about the last time you were at a quick service restaurant (inside or drive-thru), coffee shop, convenience store, or grocer during a busy time of day. Think about what the queue was like, the procedures in place to serve and process customers, and how long these processes took.
- How would you measure the efficiency of the process?
- What key design principles appeared to govern the effectiveness of this establishment’s process?
- What bottlenecks to service do you remember (what took the longest time)?
- How long would the queue need to be before you would decide that it was not worth your time to join?
- What changes to the establishment’s process would you recommend?.
- Include a minimum of two sources.