The purpose of this assessment is for students to develop a social innovation concept and to present it in a report. In this assessment you are required to consider theoretical and practical aspects of social innovation. You are free to choose an existing community organisation(better if its an Australian one) and create a social innovation for their client group or you can develop an entirely new concept that you are passionate about.
You need to consider the following issues: the common good, financial, environmental and ethical implications and implementation challenges.
A suggested structure for your report follows
- Executive Summary (200 words)
- Discussion of social innovation and community engagement theory (500 words)
- Description of your proposed social innovation and how your social innovation contributes to the common good (400 words)
- Conduct a SWOT, PESTLE and offer discussion on the possible funding and ethical implications of your social (500 words)
- Overview and briefly discuss the challenges for implementation (300 words)
- Conclusion (100 words)
- Appendices (optional)
You are required to research and use at least 10 scholarly sources to support your discussion. This will include benchmarks from other social innovations, business reports and articles. In addition, websites may be used sparingly if they are of direct relevance.
LO2 discuss the principles and focus of community engagement as they relate to the relationship between business and marginalised or disadvantaged communities (GA1, GA2)
LO3 evaluate the ethical and social responsibility of participants in business community organisations (GA4, GA8);
Please follow the way they asked. And also this is a turnitin report. So please be aware about the similirity. There should be atleast 10 scholary references(harvard referencing). Maximum word count is 2000. And also have a look the “rubric and learning outcomes” as well. Main thing is report should be relevant.