Below are discussion questions. Each response needs to be 300-400 words or longer. APA style. You can put them all in the same document. At least one reference for each one.
- Leadership is defined in many ways. For some leadership is a construct within which to situate oneself on the basis of a title or a set of behaviors or skills. Others view leadership as a calling of sorts contending that some are literally “born leaders.” Considering the readings so far, your own personal and professional experience, and your observations of others, what is your picture of leadership? How does your picture differentiate between leadership and management? How is this picture of leadership textured by your identity and worldview?
- Research can be conducted for a variety of reasons including searching for effective change strategies that allow followers to perceive of someone as a leader rather than a manager or studying a specific problem as one will encounter when preparing the doctoral dissertation. What is research? How is scholarly research different from other kinds of research? What are the essential components of scholarly research? Is the investigation you propose to conduct in this scenario considered scholarly research? Why or why not? How will scholarly research help prepare you for writing your dissertation?
- Assessments can provide a window to individual behaviors, traits, characteristics, skills, or experiences.Examine the results of the “Leadership Trait Questionnaire” you completed, and revisit your picture of leadership presented in the first discussion question in the course. How much of your picture is comprised of trait theory? For whom might there be value in understanding individual traits (whether or not one finds the results to be personally applicable)? Why?
- Examine the results of the “Skills Inventory”you completed and revisit your picture of leadership presented in the first discussion question in the course. How much of your picture is comprised of skill theory as reflected by the assessment? How do leaders and leadership evolve over the course of time? Is developing as a leader simply a matter of gaining a broader skillset, or are there other characteristics or experiences that wield influence in this development?
- Describe possible gaps you observe within Situational Leadership Theory. What strategies or adjustments in your own behavior, thinking, or worldview might you consider or employ to bridge these gaps?