250 words APA
First, review this infographic from Turnitin called “White Paper: The Plagiarism Spectrum,” and then read “The Similarity Report.” In addition, watch the video “Turnitin: Student Guide to Checking for Plagiarism and GradeMark.”
Select one of the ten types of plagiarism to focus on in your initial post. Do not select a type that has already been written about by one of your group members. Each group member should post about a different type of plagiarism.
In your initial post, answer the following:
- What type of plagiarism did you select?
- In your own words, what is it? Be specific and provide an example.
- Why is it considered plagiarism?
- How can it be avoided? Be specific.
In each of your replies, include the following:
- A summary of what you learned from your group member’s post.
- Suggestions of other ways the form of plagiarism can be avoided.
- An explanation of how the Turnitin Similarity Report can be used to detect and correct the type of plagiarism examined in that group members’ initial post.