Noted in Introduction to Emergency Management (6th ed.) as the Katrina debacle, the Hurricane Katrina disaster highlighted the need for emergency management reform. (ATTACHED)USE AS REFERENCE
With hurricane season approaching, the City of Palms is concerned that it may not be prepared for potential disaster. Before it begins to reform its current emergency management processes, it wants to better understand the Katrina debacle and the reforms that happened as a result.
As an emergency management consultant, you’ve been hired by the City of Palms to provide a report to city officials outlining the Katrina debacle and the emergency management reform that came as a result.
Research additional information on the Katrina debacle.
Using the Week One Outline(ATTACHED) write a 1- to 2-page report of 750-1000 words that includes the following:
- Define the Katrina debacle.
- List what steps have been taken to mitigate future repeats of this debacle, including:
- The importance of maintaining a continuous planning process
- The guidelines for developing an emergency plan
- The private sector’s role in emergency management
Format your sources according to APA guidelines.