Kinsman argues that “the formation of…our capacities for eroticism and sexual practices are made as a very embodied social and historical practice. They are social and relational and not simply individual or physiological.” (265). Drawing on the academic readings, explain the significance of the social construction of sexuality. You may want to use examples from the readings.
Essay should include:
- Introduce topic
- Frame the structure
- argumentative thesis (italicize thesis)
- Answer the main question of the essay
- Question: what is the significance of the social construction of sexuality? Why is that important?
- ANSWER: It challenges biological determinism and essentialist ways of thinking of sexuality (It challenges the idea that sexuality is only based in biology)
- 1 page definition of social constructionism
- 1 -2 pages on the importance of a social constructionist approach to sexuality
- Analyze and give examples of how sexuality is socially constructed (use readings for this)