Skip to content
- Write a research paper of approximately 1,000-1,500 words on the topic you chose in Week Two (excluding title page, references, and bibliography).
- Focus the research paper on course topics or an adaptation of one or more of the Course Learning Outcomes.
- Focus on current political and economic fundamentals
- Do not focus primarily on the history of the issue/topic
- Include a minimum of three scholarly references (more if possible). When in doubt regarding scholarly sources, just ask your instructor.
- Scholarly sources may include:
- Academic journals and books
- Your assigned textbook
- Textbooks and other academic books from other courses
- Interviews of scholarly experts
- Three nonexpert interviews, which will be equivalent of one “scholarly” reference (include transcripts and time of interviews)
- Legitimate online sources, such as the U.S. Census or other official documents
- Note: Scholarly sources do not include:
- “Joe Bob’s” website and so on
- Commercial appeal sites
- Nonacademic books