Future of Nursing: Leading Change
The IOM published report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change,
Advancing Health,” makes recommendations for lifelong learning and
achieving higher levels of education.
In 1,000-1,250 words, examine the importance of nursing education and discuss your overall educational goals. Future of Nursing: Leading Change
Include the following:
- Discuss your options in the job market based on your educational level.
- Review the IOM Future of Nursing Recommendations for achieving
higher levels of education. Describe what professional certification and
advanced degrees (MSN, DNP, etc.) you want to pursue and explain your
reasons for wanting to attain the education. Discuss your timeline for
accomplishing these goals.
- Discuss how increasing your level of education would affect how
your competitiveness in the current job market and your role in the
future of nursing.
- Discuss the relationship of continuing nursing education to
competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for
Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Discuss whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory. Provide support for your response.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete
this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and
appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to
beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. Future of Nursing: Leading Change