Watch the video,
Read the articles on the fire tragedy and the development of technology to address the fire problem:
Answer the following questions (up to 1 point for each question):
1. Explain the rationale behind the development of panic exit devices.
2. Explain how the panic exit device functions to allow for door operation.
3. Research the North Carolina Building Code. Identify what occupancies require panic hardware to be installed on exit and exit access doors?
4. Research the North Carolina Building Code. When is fire exit hardware mandated to be installed on exit and exit access doors?
5. What modern-day efforts in engineering and technology have you found emerging to address the fire problem?