Applications, Interviews, and Reference Checks… Oh My!!
Unit Learning Outcomes
- Assess practical significance of various ability tests. (6)
- Appraise how ability tests can be more legally defensible. (6)
- Assess practical significance of integrity tests. (6)
- Assess practical significance of work sample tests. (7)
- Appraise strategies to limit adverse impact in the interview process. (1)
- Analyze legal implications of drug testing. (1)
- Select when situational judgement tests should be used. (1)
- Evaluate personality testing (6)
- Recommend strategies for reducing disparate impact in selection predictors. (1)
- Explain the importance of structured interviews vs. unstructured interviews (1)
- Assess practical significance of application forms, bio-data, and reference checks (1)
Answer BOTH of the discussion questions, and include at least 2 outside sources in your postings for full credit.
- Select one of the selection assessments you recommend, and one you would not. Explain why you recommend it and what makes your choice more legally defensible.
- Why do managers often prefer an unstructured interview to a structured interview? How would you convince the managers of the importance of implementing a structured interview?