Leading Groups, Facilitating Groups, and Reading People
Complete the assigned readings, and in this final discussion for HUM 6100, instruct the class regarding:
- What have you learned about effective facilitation that will help your peers facilitate groups of consumers in the future?
- What have you learned about nonverbal communication and body language?
Include the following in your initial post:
- Describe what you feel are the least and most effective styles of leadership, providing an example describing an effective leader that you admire and/or one for whom you have less admiration.
- Provide one or more resources that will help your peers continue to grow as facilitators of small and/or large groups.
- Describe three ways of communicating nonverbally and explain how this communication is harmful or helpful in your relationship with human services consumers.
Substantively respond to a minimum of two peers by Day 7 of Week 6. Critically evaluate your classmates’ presentations, offering constructive criticism and recommendations.
The main discussion post should consist of 450-650 words. Please cite and reference your main post in APA format.