Original Work NO PLAGIARISM
Point of Sale Data Collection
During your weekly trip to the grocery store, you purchase bread, milk, cold cereal, bananas, and ice cream. The purchase was made using a debit card.
Create a table listing at least seven data items collected in this transaction and how they are entered into the system.
Submit your table in a Word document or on an Excel® spreadsheet to the Assignment Files tab above.
Automating Sales and Inventory
As the new manager of a convenience store, you have noticed issues with the manual method of tracking sales using paper sales tickets and spreadsheets, as well as, shortages on some of the more popular items carried in the store.
Present your case for upgrading to a database driven solution for tracking sales and inventory to the store owners. They are concerned about the cost and want to know what this upgrade would entail.
Include the following:
- How a system could improve efficiency
- How a system could improve accuracy
- How sales of individual items would be entered
- How the database would store the data compared to the current spreadsheet method
- How monitoring of inventory levels based on sales using the database would work
Choose one of the following presentation deliverables:
- An 8- to 10-narrated slide presentation, with appropriate graphics – this choice must include speaker notes and audio to the presentation
- A written business proposal (approximately two pages)
- You can create a video to present your case
Make sure you have a detailed introduction and conclusion