Now that you have observed the attributes of the characters in the short stories “A&P” and “Greasy Lake,” compose 3-4 body paragraphs that could serve as a character analysis of your chosen character in Achebe’s novel.
Use specific language from chapters 14 and 17 of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe when crafting your analysis. What “type” of character are you analyzing? How are language and the style/tone of the story used to formulate the character? Is the story reflective of the character, or the character of the story? How would a reader from another country or culture potentially draw different conclusions about the characters in these stories?
Your response should mirror the format we used in Week 2, so:
Working thesis (revised)
…and so on….
For a successful Critical Thinking Assignment:
- Have a strong thesis statement.
- Use specific textual support from the short story in the body of your paper.
- Proofread for errors in spelling, grammar, and writing mechanics. Vary sentence structure and sentence length to add interest.
- Follow APA guidelines with regard to font style, size, margins, and spacing. For specific information, go to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Use APA when citing the text; include a reference page citation at the end of the paper for the short story in the anthology. See the tutorial in Module 1 or consult CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.) (used for this class).