write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
One of the key documents to be delivered as a result of the software design process is a software design specification given to the client or customer.
This software design document will
- act as training material for any new project members who want to see how the software is implemented.
- act as objective evidence the designers have in fact implemented to the intended functionality described in the requirements.
- not provide a burden on the designers, code, and engineers for maintenance once implemented.
Discuss in your main post and with at least 2 others how as a software designer, you ensure that you have a product that can satisfy those three goals.
- Who must you collaborate with to satisfy these goals?
- What are some of the risks of poorly designed software and incomplete software design specification once you enter into the maintenance and use phase of a project?