Unit II PowerPoint Presentation
In this assignment, you will create a presentation for your organization to explain how successful collaboration can improve success and provide competitive advantages.
Scenario: Your organization has used a variety of collaboration systems developed by some project managers. Some of these systems were successful while others were not. Your organization has one unique challenge—many of your employees are staffed at other locations or work from home (telework). You would like to standardize the collaboration process to improve team communication for all company projects. In your presentation, you should include the elements listed below.
- Explain why collaboration information systems (IS) are important from the organization’s perspective.
- Discuss how collaboration tools can improve team communication.
- Identify three tools that will be used for synchronous communications and three tools that will be used for asynchronous communications. Be sure to explain why you made these choices.
- Describe how project files, such as Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio, will be shared with team members. Be sure to explain the rationale behind your choice.
- Explain how the task list for managing tasks will be shared with team members. Be sure to explain the rationale behind your choice.
- Discuss how this new collaboration IS could provide competitive advantages for your organization.
Your presentation should be a minimum of six slides in length (not counting the title and reference slides). Use of images, graphics, and diagrams is encouraged.
You can use an industry of your choosing or examples from your personal or professional experiences in developing this assignment. You can also use the resources in the Unit II Suggested Reading section to assist you with this assignment.
Be sure to follow the 7×7 rule (i.e., there should be no more than 7 words per line and no more than 7 lines per slide). You are required to use speaker notes to discuss the bullet points on your slides.
You must use at least two academic resources to support your presentation, and you must cite (in APA format) any information on your slides or in your speaker notes that came from these sources.
Unit III PowerPoint Presentation
For decades, relational databases remained essentially unchanged; data was segmented into specific chunks for columns, slots, and repositories, also called structured data. However, in this Internet of Things (IoT) era, databases need to be reengineered because the very nature of data has changed. Today’s databases need to be developed with the needs of IoT in mind and have the ability to perform real-time processing to manage workloads that are dynamic. For example, relational databases should be able to work with real-time data streaming and big data (an example was presented in the Unit III Lesson).
Scenario: Falcon Security wants their customers to be able to view security video footage in real-time and provide customers with the ability to query video footage for viewing. Choosing a database solution such as MongoDB would allow Falcon Security to store customer video footage in the same database as the metadata.
To do this, Falcon Security needs a way to manage the demands of real-time data streaming for real-time analytics. Conduct some research for a NoSQL database application, such as MongoDB or Cassandra, that could meet this need. How would switching to a real-time database solution help Falcon Security remain competitive? Create a PowerPoint presentation that includes the components listed below.
- Provide a brief introduction to IoT.
- Present the argument to the Falcon Security CEO that switching to a more dynamic database structure (NoSQL real-time database) will meet the demands of IoT.
- Introduce some features of the database you chose, whether it is MongoDB, Cassandra, or another database.
- Describe how switching to a more dynamic database will give Falcon Security a competitive advantage.
Your presentation must be a minimum of six slides in length (not counting the title and reference slides), and you must use at least two academic resources. Any information from a resource used must be cited and referenced in APA format.